Santo Domingo Madrid Hotel has its own Hanging Garden. With a surface area of more than 1000 square metres and more than 110 species of vegetation, the Hanging Garden is a sustainable project, inspired by the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
It is a green architecture project that absorb 25.000 kg of CO2 per year.
Situated in Madrid city centre, is completed with a 20m waterfall.
- Surface: 1.026 m2
- Heigtht: 22.9 m
- Width: 300 m lineales de andamios
- More than 260 species
- More than 2.500 plants
- 8 five-metre high trees
- 30 small trees
- More than 400 flower boxes
- 40,000 litres of vegetal substrate
- 20 m high cascade
- Water flow of 3.000 litres per hour
- 6 light and sound programmes
- Favours biodiversity
- Thermal-acoustic insulation
- Reduces pollution
- Absorbs 25.000 kg of CO2 a year
- Reduces temperature by 6-8 degrees (the same effect as 50 air-conditioning units)
- Produces as much oxygen as consumed by 200 people per day